Thursday, June 12, 2008

The runs...



I've always found it most challenging to "diagnose" Cooper when he's sick. We always run through a list of things...teething being at the top of the list and sometimes I think we blame teething for things that aren't teething related at all.



Just when we rejoiced over beating the chicken pox last week Cooper started to come down with syptoms on the weekend. He didn't have as great of an appetite and he had some pretty runny poop. He wasn't pooping all of the time...so I really thought the loose stool was all about the teething.

And if it wasn't that darn teething...Peter and I were convinced that it had to be that Cooper was a little "off" because of the massive heat-wave we had this week. Cooper didn't seem to like the heat and it was especially bad because our air conditioner was broken. Even though we spent time in friend's pools - the heat was really bothering him! He was crank-y!



Today I took him to see Dr. Neary because the loose poop has been going on since Saturday and it's now Thursday. It seems that Cooper's play-friend at daycare also has the "runs"...hmmm maybe teething is contagious! Dr. Neary is thinking that it's more like a stomach bug. Hopefully it clears up in the next few days - if not - Peter and I get to experience the joys of collecting a stool sample.



Meanwhile my little guy has certainly not been well this week. He's not super sick...just a little off. He's needing lots of extra cuddles - especially from Mom. Whatever he's going through...I hope it passes soon!





JK

No comments: