Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Butterflies


Sometime towards 3:30pm every day I start to get antsy and can't wait to leave my desk and all my work behind. It's not because I'm tired, or bored, or under-stimulated - on the contrary, I'm loving being back at work! The restlessness comes from the very idea that in less than an hour I'll be walking up Betty's driveway to pick up Cooper.


Maybe I'll find him in the backyard on the swing or in the sandbox...or maybe like today I'll find him sitting quietly with Betty on the couch, reading a book. Maybe he'll be glad to see me, and maybe he'll be indifferent (depending on the cool toy he's discovered) but none of this matters because I'm there with him...sharing his space, his air...his intoxicating giggles - and there's no place I'd rather be. I actually get butterflies when I'm driving up Westmount Road - there's an excitement that I feel like when I first started dating someone - but only better and so much more rewarding!


Cooper is learning how to kiss now. He's also getting more generous with the hugs - it's the best thing in the world. Tonight he gave Peter one of those sloppy, open-mouth kisses that only a parent could love. The best thing ever!


JK

PS: Day 13 and no spots! We're almost in the clear on the Chicken Pox front!

No comments: