
I've started night time prayers with Cooper. He has a stuffed animal that's a bunny and when you squeeze its tummy it says a prayer. At first we'd have the bunny say the prayer and now I'm trying to get him to say it with me. The prayer that we use is:
"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Angels watch me through the night, and keep me in their blessed sight. Amen"
Once we finish the prayer I say "God bless..." and Cooper will say "Mommy, and Daddy" and then with some coaxing he usually prays for Nan and Gramps, Grandma and Papa, Kitty, Soo Soo, and occasionally Auntie Julie. The other night he went to bed without saying his prayers - likely because he was "being 2" and didn't want to say them and I didn't push it. Anyway about 30 minutes after I had put him down he started crying for me. I went in and he wanted to say his prayers.
There's a lot going on in that little head!
Anyways - saying prayers really makes me think about what I'm thankful for and especially how grateful I am to have Cooper - he's a joy and an amazement to me every day. He brings a light into our lives that I didn't know existed. He makes it all worth while every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment