

Time is flying by as usual. Cooper is over 2 and a half now and it's so hard to believe! He's pretty much traded in his baby status for full blown little boy. He's an absolute joy to be around and so funny. There's so many little things that happen in a day that I think I'll remember forever and then "poof" they're gone in a flash...replaced by new stories. Here's a few that I really want to remember:
Big boy bed - so we finally found a race car bed for Cooper and the transition from crib to bed was effortless. As a matter of fact Cooper was so in love with his new bed that he didn't want to leave it. During the day he'd sneak away and we'd find him upstairs hanging out in his room. After work when we'd get home from Betty's he'd immediately take off his coat and announce "I want to go check on my big boy bed!" and off he'd go. So cute.
Now the transition was effortless but as time has gone on there have been a few bumps in the road. Cooper now realizes that he can get out of bed whenever he wants and so bedtime becomes a montage of humorous stories and excuses for him to be out of bed. On average there's typically 3 "call backs" before we can call it a night. Tonight as I was writing this blog I was interrupted twice. The first is the classic excuse that he busts out every night. He comes out of his room holding his head saying "ow..ow..OW...I bumped my head" and basically the story goes that he bumped his head on the side of the bed. The second time he came out was because his duck "Simmie" had caught "Kitty" by the tail and he wanted to show me. I'm sure before the night is over he'll be back to ask me to fix his blankets. Although at times it's annoying after a long day for the most part I think both Peter and I crack a smile every time we hear that door open.
Potty Training - smooth...smooth...SMOOTH - I can hardly believe it. We started at the end of August and it's November and I would say within the first few weeks we were 95% trained and since there we are 100% trained during the day and we just need to figure out the naps and nigh time. I swear most days he wakes up completely dry. As far as potty training is concerned I would have to say our experience was no big deal!
Now the funny part is that Cooper is beginning to demand "privacy" when he goes (something he hears from me) so now he goes into the bathroom on his own...shuts the door and does his thing...or so we think!
So much spirit - Cooper really likes to get behind and idea. Whether is Halloween, Christmas, or cheering Daddy on at a basketball game (Go Highlanders) he's really energetic and excited about life and it's such a joy to see. Halloween was so much fun this year. He love seeing all the decorations in the neighborhood and was so amped up about trick-or-treating. We borrowed a Dragon costume from my friend Kate and I swear he would have worn that thing everyday he loved it so much. It was so sweet to watch.
Funny stories:
- When I was upset with Cooper for not listening and had to put him in time-out, when the ordeal was over he said "are you happy now mom?" to which I said "are you going to listen to me?" to which he said "uh huh" and then he grabbed my face and kissed me and said "I love you mom"
- When we went to Walmart to do some shopping, Cooper spotted a Lightening McQueen pillow and he asked to hold it. In a moment of weakness I said yes. All through the store he kept talking to Lightening saying things like "you want to come home with me Lightening?" - he's now a permanant part of our stuffed animal collection!
- At bed time Cooper started asking to "say God" which means he wants to pray. He says grace which is the prayer he learned at Betty's - "God is great...God is good...thank you for this lovely food" and then I say "God bless..." and he names all of the people he wants to pray for - "Mommy...Daddy...Nan & Gramps etc." and the other night "Santa Claus" - now that's smart thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment