Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I never want to forget


There's so much that happens in a day with Cooper and I always think - I've got to write this down...but life is busy and I don't always get to it. Take this morning for example. When I went in to get him up for the day I said "good morning" and he said "morning mommy" - too cute. Then when I was getting him dressed I said "can you say 'love you mommy'?" and he said "love you mommy" but then added "all day long" which is something that I say to him. I cried it was so cute.

Other things:


  • His cute little high-pitched voice when he says things like "baby Jesus" and "bless you Mommy"
  • The first time he learned how to catch snow flakes on this tongue and in his hands
  • The sheer delight on his face when he's coming down the hill on a sled with his daddy
  • The bursts of laughter when daddy is spinning him around or playing with him
  • The way he walked around in circles in and out of his "fort" that I had built for him in the living room
  • How much he loves to run around naked after bath
  • How quickly he picks up words...he devours new words like a delicious food

As a subscript...after I finished writing this blog I went downstairs. Cooper was contently watching a cartoon...sitting on the floor cross-legged. Suddenly he stood up and came over to me and said "Mommy" and then gave me a huge hug. Random acts of affection...I'll take it!

No comments: