I keep thinking...I've got to write something in the blog...I've got to write something in the blog!!! Cooper has been growing and changing SO much and I don't want to forget these stages. We've had a very busy but good fall...and time slips by so quickly. I can say that we are enjoying most moments - I just need to remember to write them down. Here' some of the high lights of the fall:
Sentences - Cooper is stringing words together. His first "sentence" was "Pumpkin...where are you???" in reference to the giant lawn decoration that our neighbor across the street had up for Halloween...Cooper used to like to look at it every night before bed. He also says things like "thank you Mommy", "bless you Mommy", "Daddy - where are you???", "Moon up high" and the list gets bigger every day. It's pretty adorable.
First Hair Cut - we finally had Cooper's curly locks cut off in September. I found a place through a friend where the woman charges by age so Cooper's first haircut was $1. He put up a fight but at the end of the day the cut turned out great.
Big Toys - We have been SO lucky to get so many great toys from our friends. This past summer and fall we have acquired a chalk board, wagon, house for the back yard, sandbox, tricycle, and a ride-in Monster truck...the list goes on and on and we are so blessed to have such generous people in our lives.
Halloween - We managed to get out and do some trick-or-treating this year. Cooper dressed up as a Dolphin and was a hit with the neighbors. We went out at 6pm and just visited about 7 homes on the street. Jennie and Peter came over and watched the door while Peter and Cooper and I hit the street. It was SO much fun and Cooper seemed to enjoy himself.
Independence - Cooper is definitely testing boundaries and looking for ways to be independent. This is sometimes a good thing and sometimes it results in a full blown struggle. We have had to initiate "time out" for those particular days when the power struggles result in hitting. He's very remorseful in those moments...especially when he's given a minute in the "penalty box". Overall these times are challenging for both him and us...but he's a really good little boy and it's good to see him growing intellectually and pushing limits.
"See Poop" - Cooper has become fascinated with pooping and peeing. I think in part this has to do with the fact that Grace who he goes to daycare with was potty training this fall. I started showing him his poop when I would change him because I had read that kids are sometimes traumatized when they see their poop in the potty for the first time - I wanted him to know what is coming out of him. This was quite interesting to Cooper and made diaper changes interesting.
Parade Season - We took Cooper to the Thanksgiving parade on Oktoberfest weekend. He REALLY loved it and especially liked the marching bands. We'll be taking him to see the Santa Claus Parade this weekend and are really looking forward to it.
Mommy Says...Cooper and I play all sorts of games in the car. I was asking him one day what different animals say..."What does a horse say" and he would respond "neighhhhh" and this would go on and on. I decided to ask him "what does Mommy Say" to which he replied "Love" and since then whenever I ask him what mommy, daddy, cooper, Gramps, Nan, Grandma, Papa etc. say - he always responds "love you". This really says it all - Cooper is SO loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment